The Registry, a growing Bay Area real estate media start-up, seeks a passionate, self-directed and highly motivated Advertising Sales Account Executive to join our growing business. This proven sales professional will drive business growth through sales across our media platforms. You are consultative in your sales process, able to identify client needs and present solutions to senior executives by leveraging The Registry’s print, web and event product offerings. Your entrepreneurial drive enables you to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and unstructured environment; you are a strong team player, who will be a collaborator and strategic partner.
We are seeking someone with sales experience and knowledge of the real estate industry. Initially, the position will be part-time with the potential to transition to full-time. The AE will work remotely with regular in-person 1:1 and team meetings; s/he will focus on accounts in the Bay Area. The role reports to the Publisher/Founders. Compensation includes base plus commission with significant reward opportunity for a top performer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please submit your application by June 4th.
- Responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting and generating new business opportunities to maintaining current client accounts
- Present and articulate features and benefits of our advertising program in written communications, client interactions and formal presentations.
- Represent The Registry and increase firm profile at related trade events within the Bay Area
- Work with advertisers and agencies, large and small, particularly in support of production including troubleshooting for ad inserts
- Report regularly on sales pipeline and new lead development efforts
- Work closely with founders and other staff members in support of all activities as needed and appropriate
Qualifications/Skills & Experiences
- 5-7 or more years preferred (minimum 2-3 years) relevant industry (real estate, publishing) and/or functional experience (sales, marketing, account management)
- Proven success in generating ad sales revenues and meeting sales quotas; additional experience in sponsorship sales preferred
- Experience developing strong long-term relationships with senior executives and/or key decision makers at both client and agency level
- Superior organizational skills
- Outstanding written, communication and presentations skills
- Knowledge of/interest in Bay Area real estate industry; an innate curiosity
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to act independently in an unstructured environment
- Experience producing documents using PowerPoint and Excel; ability to use CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
The Registry is an integrated Bay Area real estate news company. It provides relevant and broad coverage focusing on analysis, information gathering and breaking news in the real estate industry.
The Registry publishes a quarterly, full color, glossy magazine that covers the most up-to-date topics in the commercial and residential markets. It also covers breaking news through its Web site (www.theregistsrysf.com) and online channel and organizes high-level industry events, where c-level executives discuss the most relevant and timely topics.
Its readership is comprised of a wide spectrum of professionals in the entire Bay Area, from architects and designers to appraisers, lawyers, developers, builders, brokers, investors and building owners and managers, to name a few.