Luisa Spagnoli, Anthropologie, Minamoto Kitchoan, The North Face, AllSaints, lululemon athletica, True Food kitchen and more joining exclusive retail roster
PALO ALTO, Calif., April 18, 2016 — Simon, a global leader in retail real estate, announced today that the transformation of the center and the addition of numerous new stores is nearly completed, further elevating the shopping experience at this well-loved Palo Alto shopping destination.
Catering to some of the most exclusive luxury brands, Simon has significantly enhanced the retail environment of Stanford Shopping Center to reflect the Bay Area’s upscale and outdoor lifestyle. The enhancement of the property has remained true to the center’s history of casual elegance in a spectacular garden setting that has captivated Northern California residents and visitors alike for nearly sixty years.
As part of Stanford Shopping Center’s transformation, Bloomingdale’s has relocated into a new, two-level, 120,000 square-foot store. The former Bloomingdale’s store was demolished and is being replaced with a roster of new retailers. In addition to Japanese lifestyle brand, MUJI; trendy girls’ retailer, Brandy Melville; and premium electric vehicle designer and manufacturer, Tesla, all of which opened last year, the following retailers will be opening this month and over the next few months:
- Allen Edmonds – Allen Edmonds features the finest men’s dress and casual shoes available with classic American styling and craftsmanship. The brand prides itself on using superior leathers such as calfskin and cordovan and providing customers with the ultimate fit.
- AllSaints – The British fashion house creates clothing and accessories for men and women. The brand celebrates innovation, design and individuality. People have come to know the brand for its leather, especially its iconic biker jackets.
- Amour Vert – A sustainable fashion brand that makes classic staples like striped t-shirts in classic colors like navy, white, black, heather gray and more.
- Anthropologie –One of Anthropologie’s very first expanded experiences, this unique location at Stanford Shopping Center will feature new product categories including furniture, beauty, intimates and shoes, as well as enhanced selections of apparel, accessories and home décor. It will also offer shops from BHLDN, its wedding brand, and Terrain, which is dedicated to garden, home and outdoor lifestyle.
- Jenni Kayne – Refined wardrobe and home essentials inspired by modern California living.
- Luisa Spagnoli – The first U.S. location for this Italian women’s fashion brand will feature clothing, handbags and accessories. Founded in Perugia, Italy more than 100 years ago, this heritage brand has built its success on quality and elegant style.
- Minamoto Kitchoan – With 11 locations in seven countries, Minamoto Kitchoan is expanding its brand in the U.S., and offering shoppers at Stanford Shopping Center a taste of their renowned Japanese confections, or “Wagashi,” that are both delicious and filled with healthy, natural ingredients.
- The North Face – Since 1966, The North Face has offered shoppers advanced products for climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes, endurance athletes and explorers.
- Peloton – Indoor cycling reimagined for the home.
- Penhaligon’s – British perfume house, offering a wide range of luxury fragrances for women and men, as well as gifts, scented candles and grooming products.
- Pink Posy – Pink Posy bakery and cafe believes every day is a cause for celebration. The bakery and café will feature special cakes and confections for weddings, birthdays and showers, and this new location at Stanford Shopping Center will also offer anytime treats and light lunch bites, as well as coffee and espresso.
- Tender Greens – The restaurant features fresh and healthy chef-inspired, farmers market dishes in a relaxed environment. Like every Tender Greens restaurant, the nearly 3,000 square-foot retail location at Stanford Shopping Center will feature custom artwork from local artists.
- True Food kitchen – The versatile menu at True Food kitchen appeals to vegetarians, vegans, gluten free eaters and carnivores alike. The restaurant, which specializes in simple dishes made from seasonal local and regional ingredients, will open the 7,000 square-foot location at Stanford Shopping Center, catering to the healthy lifestyle Palo Alto residents embrace.
- UNOde50 – This Spanish jewelry brand has built its reputation on exclusivity and quality. Women and men can shop the boutique for jewelry collections, watches and accessories that combine tradition and modernity.
Stores that opened in March include Everything But Water, the premier destination for designer swim and resort fashion all year long, as well as LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, a pioneer in creating unique beauty products such as the fizzing bath bomb, shower jellies and solid shampoo bars. vineyard vines, which offers clothing, accessories and gifts for men, women and children, as well as the brand’s signature neckties, also joined the center’s impressive retail offering along with lululemon athletica, which features yoga-inspired athletic apparel designed for men and women, and inspires people to live an active and stress-free lifestyle.
Existing retailers BCBGMAXAZRIA, glassybaby, Hugo Boss, J.Crew, Solstice, Tommy Bahama and Victoria’s Secret have also reopened in newly designed spaces this month.
“Stanford Shopping Center is celebrating its 60th Anniversary in 2016,” said David Contis, President of Simon Malls. “While the center’s patrons are rooted in tradition, they seek the innovation that continues to buzz throughout the Silicon Valley region. We couldn’t think of a more exciting time to enhance this beloved outdoor center for the community.”
Visitors to the center can also stroll the beautiful gardens, stretch out on the lawn and enjoy The Plaza during special events. Highlights of this space will include a new water feature with infinity edges, utilizing reclaimed water, and the seasonal rotation of blooming flowers.
For ongoing updates and to learn more about the redevelopment, follow Stanford Shopping Center on Facebook at facebook.com/stanfordshoppingcenter and click the Renovation Updates tab. You can also follow on Twitter at twitter.com/StanfordShop, Instagram at instagram.com/stanfordshop, or visit www.stanfordshop.com.
About Stanford Shopping Center
Stanford Shopping Center is Northern California’s premier shopping and dining destination with Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, as well as The Apple Store, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Stella McCartney, Wilkes Bashford, Ermenegildo Zenga, and more than 125 world-class luxury brands and restaurants, all in a spectacular outdoor garden environment. Unparalleled shopping, extraordinary dining and breathtaking gardens all combine to create a truly unique shopping experience. For more information, visit www.stanfordshop.com.
Follow Stanford Shopping Center on these social media channels: Twitter: https://twitter.com/StanfordShop
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and an S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE: SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. For more information, visit simon.com.