- This event has passed.
BOMA SF: RPA Class – Environmental Health & Safety Issues (Virtual)
September 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDT
The Environmental Health & Safety Issue class is scheduled in eight, three-hour increments on the following days: September 8-11 & 15-18 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For questions or more information, please contact Akiba Davis-Everett at email@example.com.
Environmental Health and Safety Issues presents best practices for developing and managing an effective environmental health and safety program. You will learn about the regulatory process and how it affects facilities. Compliance with laws and regulations is a key focus. The course will prepare you to conduct site assessments, analyze risk, and cooperate with compliance audits. The course also guides learners through the planning process to mitigate the risk from any workplace emergency, specifically addressing hazardous materials, air quality, water pollution, asbestos and lead hazards, and tank management. The management of and response to specific indoor environmental quality complaints is also addressed.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop and manage an effective environmental health and safety program, integrating sustainable best practices wherever appropriate
- Ensure that your facilities are in compliance with Federal, state, and local regulatory mandates
- Assess environmental risk factors and prepare for compliance audits
- Address emergency environmental health situations through proper planning and incident response
- Maintain health and safety records in accordance with industry best practices
- Manage indoor environmental quality complaints related to air, water, mold, radon, asbestos, and other environmental hazards
- Execute appropriate record keeping, reporting, and other requirements associated with aboveground and underground storage tank regulations
- Design and implement a waste management program, including recycling and disposal of all forms of waste including landfills waste, hazardous waste, universal, electronic, and tenant-generated waste
INSTRUCTOR: Lee Ratcliff, CPM, RPA, FMA | California DGS (Retired)
Lee Ratcliff has 45 years of experience in all aspects of property and project management. During his career he obtained the CPM, RPA and FMA designations. He served as the IREM SF Bay Area Chapter President in 1992 and on various local and national committees for IREM and BOMA. Recently retired Lee and his wife of 15 years live in Oakland.
To register by credit card, sign-in with your username and password or “create a new account” if you do not already have a username/password.
To register by check, click here, complete the registration form and return to Akiba Davis-Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your check should be mailed to BOMA SF, 233 Sansome Street, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
Member rate: $1,250
Non-member rate: $1,350