- This event has passed.
IFMA SV: Sustainability Web Series- Part 1
February 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
SmartWaste 4 part Series
What is SmartWaste 4 part Series? “Get smart with SmartWaste”
The series is designed to introduce facilities engineers, facilities managers and facilities directors to the diverse range of topics of the Waste and Recycling Industry.
The series will cover 4 topics
- State Mandates & Ordinances
- California’s Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling Law AB 1826
- California’s Mandatory Commercial Recycling Law AB 341
- Impacts on local recycling programs
- How robust is your recycling program?
- Exclusive Franchise (Santa Clara County)
- Recycling exemptions
- Program differences and similarities
- Cost structure
- How to implement cost effective waste and recycling programs based on your location/s
- What is ZERO WASTE?
- ISO 14001
- Waste Technologies and how to utilize them to reach your goal to zero waste.
- Decommissioning or downsizing responsibly
- Impacts of Covid the shifts of working remote
- Corporate Responsibility
- Potential Barriers to zero landfill
- Vendor Management
Why should people attend the SmartWaste series event?
Here are the reasons why people attend the event:
- Grow your network – make business connections across sustainability, corporate social responsibility, tech companies, sponsors, etc.
- Be inspired – come away with new ideas, learn about the latest trends in the industry
- Find a resource – use the opportunity to learn about resources and get connected with resources to have a positive impact on the environment
- Join your community – we’re an inclusive, supportive, and welcoming environment for everyone
- Boost your career – find out how to start a Green Team or SmartWaste professionals team at your company.
- Make an impact – bond and collaborate with like minded people who are just as passionate about saving the planet as you are
- Have fun – Smartwaste events are positive, lively, and fun events in the industry
Who attends the SmartWaste Series?
We welcome all levels of facilities members;
- Facilities Engineers
- Facilities Managers
- Plant Managers
- Property Managers
- Sustainability Program Managers
- Sustainability Directors
- Day porters / Custontal members
- Food Service Dept
When is the SmartWaste Series?
The event takes place over four days in 2021:
Part One: Feb 10, 2021, at 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- 1 speaker, 1 break out session and 1 networking sessions
- Link her page description (Find out more)
- Link here the registration page (Register now)
Name: Sara Fuentes
Affiliations: Women in Cleantech and Sustainability
Short Bio: Sara Fuentes is the Co Founder and President of SmartWaste. With over 10 years of experience in the waste and recycling industry. Sara is passionate about finding solutions to abating commercial waste. Sara draws on her experience working as an educator and Vice Chair of the Women in Cleantech and Sustainability organization where she is an impactful leader and friend. Smart Waste is a minority women owned and operated start-up with a focus on waste technologies, waste systems and vendor management for zero waste programs. SmartWastes core values are transparency, circularity and people. SmartWaste is looking to work with companies that are in alignment with their values and goals.