- This event has passed.
IFMA SV: Sustainability Web Series- Part 4: Decommissioning or Downsizing Responsibly
October 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT
What is Sustainability 4 part Series?
The series is designed to introduce facilities engineers, facilities managers and facilities directors to the diverse range of topics of the Waste and Recycling Industry.
The series will cover 4 topics
- State Mandates & Ordinances
- California’s Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling Law AB 1826
- California’s Mandatory Commercial Recycling Law AB 341
- Impacts on local recycling programs
- How robust is your recycling program?
- Exclusive Franchise (Santa Clara County)
- Recycling exemptions
- Program differences and similarities
- Cost structure
- How to implement cost effective waste and recycling programs based on your location/s
- What is ZERO WASTE?
- ISO 14001
- Waste Technologies and how to utilize them to reach your goal to zero waste.
- Decommissioning or downsizing responsibly
- Impacts of Covid the shifts of working remote
- Corporate Responsibility
- Potential Barriers to zero landfill
- Vendor Management
Why should people attend the Sustainability series event?
Here are the reasons why people attend the event:
- Grow your network – make business connections across sustainability, corporate social responsibility, tech companies, sponsors, etc.
- Be inspired – come away with new ideas, learn about the latest trends in the industry
- Find a resource – use the opportunity to learn about resources and get connected with resources to have a positive impact on the environment
- Join your community – we’re an inclusive, supportive, and welcoming environment for everyone
- Boost your career – find out how to start a Green Team or SmartWaste professionals team at your company.
- Make an impact – bond and collaborate with like minded people who are just as passionate about saving the planet as you are