- This event has passed.
USGBC: Increasing Impact: Equity in the Sustainable Built Environment – USGBC-NCC Rising Leaders
March 3, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PST
Join the U.S. Green Building Council – Northern California’s Rising Leader Committee for a lively panel discussion focused on the intersection of equitable and sustainable building practices in local communities. Panelists will include designers, program and project managers, sustainability advocates, and industry experts; these leaders will provide insight into how we can increase the positive impact of the AEC industry. Building on the USGBC’s Equity Initiative, the event will provide examples of how our local network of professionals advances social equity in real-world communities. Sample questions that may be discussed include:
- How can a “green” technology spur investment and economic advancement in low-income communities?
- How can sustainable projects support inclusion and access for all people?
- How can engineers and designers engage in community-based projects that promote positive health outcomes?
- How are our members advancing better and brighter places to live, work, and play?
- How can you engage with other USGBC members and increase your impact?
The panel will include:
- Adrianne Steichen, Principal, Pyatok Architects, Moderator
- Hilary Noll, Senior Associate, Sustainability Integration Leader, Mithun
- Sonrisa Cooper, Community Development Program Manager, The Greenlining Institute
- Marie Gunter, Commercial Solar Project Developer & Manager, GRID Alternatives
- Dominic Molinari, Student Outreach, Engineers Without Borders San Francisco
Help us begin a conversation about this very important topic. Drinks and light snacks will be provided. Time will be provided to network and meet new people. We encourage all attendees to take public transportation or walk to the event.
Questions? Please contact Doug Fowler at email@example.com.
|5:30 – 6:00 p.m.||Welcome, Networking & Drinks|
|6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||Panel Discussion|
|7:00 – 7:30 p.m.||Questions, Networking & Wrap Up|