San Francisco, CA (January 15, 2019) – Greystar, a global leader in the investment, development and management of multifamily housing, has announced the near term completion of six new residential projects three in Northern California and three in Seattle. The introduction of these new residential projects responds to an increasing demand for housing in the Bay Area and Seattle, two markets that have continued to see employment outpace housing.
“We are pleased to be either leasing or nearing completion on three new communities in Northern California and three new communities in the Pacific Northwest. These projects will provide over 1,000 units of new housing in vibrant locations that are proximate to transit, jobs and retail space. It has been a pleasure working with the cities of Seattle, Mountain View and Redwood City to bring these new communities to life,” said Ali Warner, Managing Director of Greystar, Northern California and Pacific Northwest.
In the Bay Area, Greystar currently has three active projects underway, which include:
- Elan Mountain View: Currently in lease-up, Elan Mountain View features 164 luxury apartments on the corner of Castro Street and El Camino in Mountain View. With 10,000 square feet of retail space, including a Peet’s coffee and Mediterranean restaurant Rose Market, the property is walking distance to the retailers on Castro street as well as the Mountain View Caltrain and VTA line. For more information, visit: https://elanmountainview.com/.
- Huxley: Situated in Redwood City, the 8-story apartment community, which features 137 rental residences and a diverse collection of onsite amenities, is currently in lease-up. Proximate to the Sequoia Caltrain station, Huxley is walking distance from downtown Redwood City’s local employers, retail and restaurants. For more information, visit: https://livehuxley.com/.
- Elan Redwood City: Scheduled to open in April of 2019, Elan Redwood City will feature 175 rental units located within walking distance of charming downtown Redwood City. The community is ideally situated two blocks from the Redwood City Caltrain station as well as the area’s major employers. For more information, visit: http://elanredwoodcity.com/.
In the Pacific Northwest, Greystar has the following active projects:
- Elan Uptown Flats: Currently in lease-up, Elan Uptown Flats is comprised of 182 units and is situated in “Latitude 47,” the Seattle tech corridor and the top region in the country for job growth. The community features close proximity to area’s high-growth employers. For more information, visit: https://elanuptownflats.com/.
- Ascent: Situated in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood, Ascent, a 25-story luxury building featuring 251 apartment homes and vibrant retail base composed of six retailers, is actively in lease-up. One block from Amazon’s corporate headquarters and two blocks from the South Lake Union Streetcar terminal, the building provides an all-inclusive living experience for residents with unrivaled amenities, resident services and 360-degree views of Seattle. For more information, visit: https://liveascentslu.com/.
- Marlowe: Currently under construction and slated to welcome first move-ins in February 2019, Marlowe is a seven-story community that will feature 181 apartment homes in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood adjacent to Ascent. Marlowe will offer over 9,000 square feet of retail as well as full suite of amenities for residents. For more information, visit: https://marloweslu.com/.
“As both the housing and job markets in Seattle and Northern California continue to evolve and expand, we strive to create an elevated standard of living among renters in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest,” continued Warner. “We look forward to continuing to support these vibrant communities for years to come.”
Greystar is a leading, fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment management, development and property management of rental housing properties globally. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Greystar is the largest operator of apartments in the United States, managing over 480,000 units in over 150 markets globally, with an aggregate estimated value of approximately $80 billion. Greystar also has a robust institutional investment management platform dedicated to managing capital on behalf of a global network of institutional investors with over $31 billion in gross assets under management including more than $12 billion of developments that have been completed or are underway. Greystar was founded by Bob Faith in 1993 with the intent to become a provider of world class service in the rental housing real estate business. To learn more about Greystar, visit Greystar.com.