San Jose, CA – The Association of Silicon Valley Brokers has named Jeff Fredericks, Executive Managing Director of Colliers International’s San Jose/Silicon Valley office, as the winner of this year’s Mike Murphy Award. The organization of real estate brokers and salespersons is dedicated to the promotion of high standards in the industrial/commercial brokerage field. The Mike Murphy Award is given to an ASVB member who has made a major contribution to the brokerage community, the business community, and/or the general community at large. This coveted award represents the excellence and integrity that takes place not only in our day-to-day business but also extends to our communities, charities, and is ASVB’s equivalent to a “Lifetime Achievement Award.”
Jeff Fredericks started in commercial real estate in 1982, joined JR Parrish in 1986, and became Managing Partner for the San Jose/Silicon Valley office in 1998. Since then, he has been committed in making sure the brokers, employees, and the Colliers organization, as a whole, are successful. Some of his business accomplishments include:
Increased revenues by over 170% in his first two years as the Managing Partner of the San Jose office.
· Serves as the Broker of Record for the eight California-based Colliers International Partnership offices.
· Created and launched the highly acclaimed Colliers Silicon Valley Trends event.
· Served as President of the Association Silicon Valley Brokers (ASVB) in 2003-2004.
– Served more than 10, one-year terms on the Colliers International Board of Directors and on numerous Board committees including its IT Steering Committee and Finance Committee. He has been a shareholder in the firm since 1994.
The award recognizes community involvement as well. Over his years in business, Fredericks has made major contributions there too as he:
· Launched the collaboration with Patchen Tree Farm to bring Christmas Trees to underprivileged families. Jeff organizes 40 volunteers from Colliers and has arranged for 1,500 trees to be donated to families over 17 years.
· Raised over $300k for the Northern California Arthritis Foundation and serves as a camp counselor each year at the Arthritis camp. Jeff’s 400-mile Bike the Coast ride took him from Vancouver, Canada to Tijuana, Mexico and raised over $25,000 for kids with arthritis.
· Helped found and serves on the board of the Colliers’ charity Links for Life, which has raised nearly half a million dollars since 2007 for over 100 Bay Area children’s charities.
· Created the Broker of the Month Charity Recognition, which has benefitted more than 50 different charities over 132 consecutive months.
In addition other Colliers International brokers being honored by the ASVB this year include:
– Land Broker of the Year, Bob Rowland
– Deal of the Year for Seagate Technology’s acquisition of 411,618 SF former Solyndra facility, Freemont: Don Reinmann, Gregg von Thaden, Sean Toomey.
About Colliers International
Colliers International is a global leader in commercial real estate services, with over 13,500 professionals operating out of more than 482 offices in 62 countries. A subsidiary of FirstService Corporation, Colliers International delivers a full range of services to real estate users, owners and investors worldwide, including global corporate solutions, brokerage, property and asset management, hotel investment sales and consulting, valuation, consulting and appraisal services, mortgage banking and insightful research. The latest annual survey by the Lipsey Company ranked Colliers International as the second-most recognized commercial real estate firm in the world.