New Executives to Serve Both Agency and Non-Agency Small Balance Loan Programs
IRVINE, Calif. (April 10, 2019) — Sabal Capital Partners, LLC, the diversified financial services firm specializing in commercial real estate, lending and investing, announced today another large wave of notable new hires, demonstrating the firm’s rapid expansion, its leading market position in commercial real estate (CRE) small balance lending, and its best-in-class and wide-ranging CRE debt solutions.
“The attraction of top tier talent like these individuals remains a primary focus for Sabal as we solidify our position as the number one market leader in small balance commercial real estate lending,” says Pat Jackson, CEO of Sabal Capital Partners. “The rapid expansion of our team mirrors the exponential growth that we are experiencing.”
The first three of eight new executives have joined Sabal’s Commercial Real Estate Lending team and include:
- Patrick Nizich, Managing Director (Washington): As an accomplished real estate and loan origination expert, Nizich will help lead Sabal’s CRE lending operations in the Northwest, based out of Seattle. His significant previous roles include director of loan origination at Dexia as well as senior origination roles at Red Mortgage Capital, Freedom Commercial Mortgage and for Greystone Servicing.
- Benjamin Kilgore, Managing Director (New York): In his new role, Kilgore will help manage and lead Sabal’s CRE Loan Program, based in New York City. Kilgore most recently held an originations position with Morgan Stanley in New York, where he was involved in the origination of over $5 billion in commercial mortgages inclusive of conduit, stand-alone, floating rate securitization and balance sheet executions.
- Alexander Paroda, Vice President (New York): In his role, Paroda will oversee CMBS transactions at Sabal Capital Partners. Paroda’s most recent role was associate in valuation and capital advisory for Cushman & Wakefield in New York.
In addition to the new hires on the Commercial Real Estate Lending team, Sabal is pleased to welcome five new team members supporting the firm’s agency-focused small balance lending programs. These new hires include:
- Juan Aragon, Sizing Manager (California): Juan Aragon brings to Sabal more than 18 years of experience in structuring, pricing, underwriting and approving capital market debt executions backed. Recent notable positions include director and deputy chief underwriter for Hunt Real Estate Capital, senior underwriter for Berkeley Point Capital (a Cantor Commercial Real Estate company), and underwriting manager and team leader for Freddie Mac Multifamily.
- Daniel Greenberg, Production Management Advisor (Maryland): Daniel Greenberg brings robust lending experience to Sabal and his most recently held roles with Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation include underwriting manager for small balance loans, business operations support manager and asset transactions manager.
- Thomas Woolsey, Trading Manager (Texas): Thomas Woolsey brings more than 16 years of experience in lending and securities to Sabal. Most recently he held the positions of senior managing director and trading manager with Lancaster Pollard and Co. / Orix USA, where he was responsible for the execution of all U.S. Government Agency securities for 25 business development officers.
- Jack Adler, Loan Production Manager (New York): Jack Adler brings more than 16 years in commercial real estate debt placement to Sabal, having closed more than 600 loans totaling approximately $4 billion. Recent senior roles include managing partner for Lodestone Capital Adler, senior vice president and manager of NY underwriting for Eastern Union Funding, and vice president of loan origination/placement for Meridian Capital Group.
- Timothy Maloney, Underwriter (California): Tim Maloney brings to Sabal more than 15 years in underwriting experience. Recent roles include consultant – LHTC/Affordable Housing, project manager and finance, as well as underwriter III, senior credit analyst, senior disbursement administrator and portfolio analyst (asset manager) for JP Morgan Chase.
The new hires bring Sabal’s total new team members to 25 in the past 90 days.
“As Sabal reinforces its single-source lender model and exponentially grows its operations, we will continue to seek out the highest caliber talent and add significant breadth to our team,” added Jackson. “This is just the beginning.”About Sabal Capital Partners, LLC
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Sabal is an expert market leader in small balance commercial real estate loans and investments having invested nearly $9 billion nationally through its investment and highly specialized wholesale lending platform. Sabal strives to keep clients and investors ahead of the curve, representing a corporate philosophy based upon the core practices of innovation, partnership, commitment to excellence and entrepreneurship. Sabal’s dedication to advancing the financial services industry has led to the development of SNAP™, an innovative platform designed to optimize the lending and investment processes and enable a highly efficient interaction between Sabal’s and its client and investor base. Sabal is a nationally rated Commercial Primary Servicer and Commercial Special Servicer by Morningstar with a CS2 ranking. For more information about Sabal, visit www.sabalcap.com.