More destinations restored, airlines increase flight frequency
SAN FRANCISCO – August 31, 2020 – The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) continued to welcome the resumption of nonstop flights from international airlines in August 2020, including the following:
- Aeromexico resumed flights to Mexico City, operating five flights per week
- Alaska resumed flights to Los Cabos, Mexico, operating a daily flight
- United Airlines resumed flights to New Delhi, operating three flights per week
- United Airlines resumed the following passenger service flights:
- Los Cabos, Mexico – five flights per week
- Mexico City – five flights per week
- Papeete, Tahiti – three flights per week
- Puerto Vallarta – three flights per week
- United Airlines resumed passenger flights to London-Heathrow, operating five flights per week
- Turkish Airlines increased flights to Istanbul from three to four per week
- United Airlines resumed passenger flights to Cancun, operating two flights per week
Please note: all flight information is subject to change and government approvals. Please check directly with your airline for the latest information.
Although these airlines are resuming limited service, all travel advisories, restrictions on entry and arrival screening procedures remain in effect.
The Official Airline Guide (OAG) provides a database of airlines’ flight schedules that is updated periodically. According to the July 20, 2020, OAG schedules, SFO has 186 weekly international flights scheduled for the week of August 31, 2020. This compares to original schedules, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, of 816 weekly international flights scheduled for the month of August 2020.
About San Francisco International Airport
SFO wants you to Travel Well. SFO works with local, state, and federal health officials to protect against COVID-19. Measures include enhanced cleaning protocols, hundreds of hand sanitizer stations, physical barriers, face coverings for everyone, and physical distancing.
SFO offers nonstop service to Asia, South Pacific, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and across the United States. For up-to-the-minute departure and arrival information, airport maps and details on shopping, dining, cultural exhibitions, ground transportation and more, website.