Walnut Creek — Newmark Cornish & Carey announces that the highly anticipated redevelopment at the historic Danville Hotel is nearing completion and welcomes eight retailers. The unique, mixed-use property will feature a blend of shops and eateries in approximately 10,600 square feet of retail space and 7,200 square feet of restaurant space. Located in the core of downtown Danville, California at 411 Hartz Avenue and contained within a square city block, 16 second-floor residential condominiums will complete the ultimate live, work and play destination.
“The accelerated pace of leasing at the Danville Hotel is encouraging,” said Adria Giacomelli, a Newmark Cornish & Carey managing director who represents the property for lease with Gary Riele, president of Riele Commercial. “Once the scaffolding was removed and people were able to experience its charm and inviting nature, demand surged and we were able to capture an incredible tenant roster that will benefit the entire community.”
Joint developers Castle Companies and Nearon Enterprises will deliver space to retail tenants in late August through September. Tenant improvements are anticipated to be complete in November 2015 for the shops and January 2016 for the restaurants. As of July 2015, the following retailers have signed leases:
- Papyrus – The leading, privately-held specialty retailer of personal expression products in North America leased approximately 1,200 square feet.
- Heavenly Couture – The California and Florida-based clothier promises a heavenly shopping experience in its new, approximately 2,000-square-foot location.
- Sole Desire Shoes – The premier independent women’s fashion comfort footwear and accessories retailer leased approximately 1,100 square feet.
- Look + See Luxury Optical – The fashionable eyewear and accessory shop will expand into its location of approximately 1,000 square feet.
- BoBen Designs – The fine jeweler will relocate from Pleasanton to an approximately 400-square-foot space.
- Danville Brewing Company – A new restaurant concept conceived by the renowned Bridges Restaurant’s managing general partner, Randy Negi, and Alamo residents Marcus and Sara Maita, the approximately 3,700-square-foot brewery will feature gourmet burgers, hand-cut fries, salads sourced from local farms and homemade breads and rolls. Beer will be fermented on site.
- Pizza Antica – The rustic, Cal-Italian-inspired restaurant will add a new location in approximately 2,800 square feet of space.
- Basque Boulangerie Café – The beloved Sonoma, California-based bakery will open its second location of approximately 1,600 square feet.
Just three suites remain available that combine to approximately 2,700 square feet.
“The delivery of the Danville Hotel is synchronized well with the improvements that are nearing completion in the Town of Danville which will further enhance the vibrant downtown core,” said Riele. “Residents and visitors alike continue to find that this quaint town has big city appeal.”
The success and excitement over the Danville Hotel has already catalyzed further development in the area. Offering the first format for a large retailer in Danville, Hartz Plaza is currently being marketed as a redevelopment site for up to 15,000 square feet of retail space down the street from the Hotel at 200 Hartz Avenue. Providing a truly unique leasing opportunity, the developer will customize the property to the specifications of a single or multiple retailers.
About Newmark Cornish & Carey
A dominant regional real estate force since 1935, Newmark Cornish & Carey has an expansive reach as part of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, one of the world’s leading commercial real estate advisory firms. Regionally, Newmark Cornish & Carey has more than 280 agents in 13 strategically located offices throughout Northern California, creating a powerful platform from which to deliver superior services locally, while upholding its core values of integrity and knowledge. For further information, visit www.newmarkccarey.com.
About Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is one of the world’s leading commercial real estate advisory firms. Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF’s 12,800 professionals operate from more than 370 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
With roots dating back to 1929, NGKF’s strong foundation makes it one of the most trusted names in commercial real estate. NGKF’s full-service platform comprises BGC’s real estate services segment, offering commercial real estate tenants, landlords, investors and developers a wide range of services including leasing; capital markets services, including investment sales, debt placement, appraisal, and valuation services; commercial mortgage brokerage services; as well as corporate advisory services, consulting, project and development management, and property and corporate facilities management services. For further information, visit www.ngkf.com.
NGKF is a part of BGC Partners, Inc., a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. BGC’s common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol (NASDAQ: BGCP). BGC also has an outstanding bond issuance of Senior Notes due June 15, 2042, which trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (NYSE: BGCA). BGC Partners is led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Howard W. Lutnick. For more information, please visit http://www.bgcpartners.com/.