FREMONT, CALIF. – Pacific Commons, a 1.18 million-square-foot power center situated on approximately 100 acres in Fremont, Calif., announced today that 12 new retailers will open or have recently opened their doors at the retail center. Vestar currently serves as property manager at the shopping center. The new retailers include:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods,the largest U.S. based full-line omni-channel sporting goods retailer, occupies 50,000 square feet andopened its new store on October 28, 2014.
- The Kebab Shop, a California-Mediterranean restaurant with a Euro-Turkish influence, occupies 2,325 square feet and opened on December 1, 2014.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, a grill and bar restaurant offering wings, beer and live sports,occupies 6,513 square feet and opened on December 15, 2014.
- Dish ‘N Dash, a restaurant offering fast and fresh Middle Eastern food, occupies 2,447 square feet and plans to open in the first quarter of 2015.
- Carter’s/Osh Kosh, a specialty retailer of baby and children’s clothing, occupies 6,867 square feet and plans to open in the Spring of 2015.
- Bennigan’s,an Irish pub-themed casual dining restaurant, occupies 5,716 square feet and plans to open in the Spring of 2015.
- Cream,a restaurant specializing in homemade, warm cookies along with its own ice cream recipes blended together, occupies1,428 square feet and will open in the Spring of 2015.
- Bowl of Heaven, a restaurant specializing in acai bowls, occupies 1,026 square feet and will open in the Spring of 2015.
- Pancheros Mexican Grill,a quick casual restaurant specializing in Mexican-style cuisine, occupies 2,987 square feet and will open in the Spring of 2015.
- Boneheads, a restaurant featuring fire-grilled chicken and seafood entrees in a premium fast casual environment, occupies 2,480 square feet and will open in the Spring of 2015.
- Technology Credit Union, a financial institutionserving the high tech workforce in Silicon Valley, occupies 2,112 square feet and will open in the Spring of 2015.
- Ono Hawaiian BBQ, a restaurant featuring Hawaiian cuisine,occupies 1,731 square feetand will open in the Spring of 2015.
“Vestar has been focused on enhancing the shopping experience at Pacific Commons,” said Pat McGinley, President of Management Services at Vestar. “Our goal of making this center the region’s prime retail destination is being realized as we implement new marketing programs and community-oriented events that boost the consumer’s shopping, dining, and entertainment experience.”
In December 2013, a large institutional owner, Pacific Common’s ownership, awarded Vestar with property management responsibilities for the asset.
As Northern California’s largest power center, Pacific Commons is currently 97.3 percent leased to several national tenants including Target, Kohl’s, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Costco, Nordstrom Rack, Babies “R” Us/Toys “R” Us, DSW, Century Theatres and T.J. Maxx/HomeGoods. Located at the southwest corner of I-880 and Auto Mall Parkway, the center serves residents from Union City to Milpitas with nearly 200,000 cars passing daily.
One of the leading privately held real estate companies in the western United States, Vestar specializes in the acquisition, management, and development of commercial real estate, including entertainment-retail complexes, power and lifestyle centers, and neighborhood centers of varying size and scale that serve as community shopping destinations with a unique sense of place. Vestar currently owns and manages 22 million square feet of retail assets in the western U.S. For more information, please visit www.vestar.com.