The Swig Company Completes Sale of 555 De Haro Street in San Francisco

San Francisco, CA (October 19, 2017) – The Swig Company has announced the sale of 555 De Haro Street, a 50,021 square foot historic office and PDR (production, distribution and repair) building located next to Anchor Brewery in the city’s Potrero Hill submarket. The sale was completed on October 12th in an off-market transaction.

The Swig Company acquired 555 De Haro in July 2014 in partnership with San Francisco residential developer Build Inc. The partnership immediately embarked on a renovation of the building, upgrading the property’s interior space, improving the efficiency of the building’s systems and repositioning 555 De Haro to appeal more broadly to today’s creative businesses. The building has rooftop solar panels, multiple DSL and cable broadband options as well as onsite bicycle storage and car parking for tenants.

“As great stewards of historical properties in San Francisco, we saw the opportunity to implement a sensitive renovation of the property to enhance aesthetics and to modernize building systems to heighten the building’s appeal to creative workspace occupiers,” said Connor Kidd, Swig’s Vice President of Investments. “555 De Haro is a beautiful gem with its exposed wood beams, open floor plans, and overall charm and character. We are proud of our contributions to the success of this building and for our role in positioning this wonderful property to attract users long into the future.”

The building was originally a soap factory located at the south east corner of Rhode Island and 17th (Santa Clara) Street and the building was relocated two blocks to its current location in 1917. It was redeveloped for office use in 1980 and since 2014, has been upgraded. The property is 100 percent leased to a variety of tenants including an architectural firm, a venture capital firm, a nonprofit and post-secondary education use. The local neighborhood features several cafes and restaurants, and 555 De Haro sits two blocks from a Whole Foods Market as well as the on ramp to Highway 101.

About The Swig Company
The Swig Company, LLC is a privately-owned, San Francisco-based real estate operator with an 80 year history of investment, development, partnership and management of commercial real estate properties in major US markets. Founded by Benjamin H. Swig in 1936, The Swig Company is guided by a long-term investment perspective that has proven adept at stewarding investors safely through multiple market cycles. The company’s vertically-integrated operational platform, which includes investment, asset and property management, and leasing expertise, uses flexibility, generational thinking and sensitivity to sustainable practices to stay at the forefront of emerging trends in the commercial real estate industry. For more information, visit: www.swigco.com.

West Coast Commercial Real Estate News