USGBC is proud to announce the winners of its first annual Best of Building Awards.
The Best of Building Awards recognizes the year’s best green products, projects, organizations and individuals making an impact in green building.
Nominees and winners were selected exclusively be the members of USGBC, a vibrant and diverse community of the world’s leading organizations invested in sustainability.
We invite you to join us in celebrating this year’s award winners.
- Best Non-Profit Organization: North Shore LIJ Health System
- Best Professional Association: ASHRAE
- Best Architecture Firm – Small: The Gaines Group PLC
- Best Architecture Firm – Midsize: STUDIO DOMUS
- Best Architecture Firm – Large: Perkins + Will
- Best Landscape Architecture Firm – Small: Carlson Studio Architecture
- Best Landscape Architecture Firm – Midsize: Hord Coplan Macht
- Best Landscape Architecture Firm – Large: HOK
- Best Engineering Firm – Small: The Green Engineer, Inc
- Best Engineering Firm – Midsize: ALPHA Energy & Environment GmbH
- Best Engineering Firm – Large: TLC Engineering for Architecture
- Best Interior Design Firm – Small: Inspirit LLC
- Best Interior Design Firm – Midsize: Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects
- Best Interior Design Firm – Large: Eppstein Uhen Architects
- Best Residential Design Firm – Midsize: Hord Coplan Macht
- Best Residential Design Firm – Large: GGLO
- Best Contractor/Builder – Small: Amerisips Homes
- Best Contractor/Builder – Midsize: Abrahamse & Company Builders
- Best Contractor/Builder – Large: C.T. Taylor Company, Inc.
- Best Commissioning Provider: WSP
- Best Planner: HOK
- Best Real Estate Service Contractor: CBRE (Global Energy & Sustainability Team)
Energy Service Provider/Utility
- Best Energy Service Provider/Utility: Xcel Energy
- Greenbuild Exhibitor of the Year: Kohler Co.
- Best Product for Water Efficiency: The original rainwater pillow by the Rainwater Collections Solutions, Inc.
- Best Product for Energy Efficiency: Essence by Big Ass Solutions
- Best Product for Green Cleaning: Bio-Amp by Chemsearch FE (NCH Corporation)
- Best Product for HVAC/Indoor Air Quality/Building Controls: Variable Refrigerant Flow Zoning Systems by Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division
- Best Product for Efficient Lighting: Big Ass High Bay LED by Big Ass Solutions
- Best Product for Exteriors: View Dynamic Glass by View, Inc.
- Best Product for Sustainable Construction Materials: Plexicrete Flooring System by Plexi-Chemie, Inc
- Most Innovative New Product of the Year: Haiku with SenseME by Big Ass Solutions
- Product Manufacturer of the Year – Small to Midsize: Plexi-Chemie, Inc.
- Product Manufacturer of the Year – Large: Big Ass Solutions
Real Estate/Provider Building Portfolio
- Best Building Portfolio for Retail: Renato Miranda and Associates
- Best Building Portfolio for Commercial: Paramount Group, Inc.
- Best Building Portfolio for Residential: Renato Miranda and Associates
- Best Building Portfolio for Hotels: Renato Miranda and Associates
LEED Certified Projects
- Best Project Design for LEED BD+C: U.S. Coast Guard, Cleveland Boat Maintenance Annex/Moorings (U.S. Coast Guard, AMEC)
- Best LEED ID+C Project: STUDIO DOMUS (STUDIO DOMUS)
- Best Project Design for LEED ND: Shanghai Expo UPBA Development (EXPO SHANGHAI GROUP, Arup)
- Best LEED O+M Project: 701 Brickell (TLC Engineering for Architecture, JLL, TIAA-CREF)
- Best Regional Project: Asia Pacific: 1 Bligh, Australia (Perkins + Will)
- Best Regional Project: Europe: Centro servizi Credito Valtellinese, Italy (Deerns)
- Best Regional Project: South America: STUDIO DOMUS, Guatemala (STUDIO DOMUS)
- Best Regional Project: Middle East: KAPSARC – Saudi Arabia (HOK)
- LEED Green Associate of the Year: Leslie R. Yager, OH, USA
- LEED AP (with Specialty) of the Year: Neil Rosen, NY, USA
About The Best of Building Awards
The Best of Building Awards are created and adjudicated by USGBC members, for USGBC members. USGBC does not evaluate, approve or endorse the products or services provided by any winners, nominees or nominators.